Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My second 5000m and. . .

Some days aren't just too good. You take some, lose some. You have bad days, good days. That Sunday my 5000m didn't unfold well. First 200m didn't go as planned. Instead of 42, it was 37 for the first 200m. Ignore bad starts and don't give excuses. I think as a whole I wasn't in the mental state as i should in this kind of races. No fighting spirit. That's apparent.

Another thing, Darsha lapped me. Yes. I hate to conceive that. Well, I just have quite a long way to go before I get to match him. The emphasis here is: I do have a way to go. Not that there is no way.

Before i reached 17:31 i didn't know that i could reach 17:31. So the show must go on.

I thought that 5000m would be pretty exciting. It was not nice, that Sunday. So what makes it exciting?

The fact that it's challenging and something not so easy to master. Doing a PB is elusive. And exclusive.

No comments: