Monday, April 14, 2008

Human biological experience

I've learnt that human biological experience yesterday. My blood glucose was very low and i could feel it. Feels great to experience it. When you try to search your human limitations and you just made a significant achievement, that's how great it feels. You put a challenge for yourself right in front of you and you survived it. You can try. It can go well. It can go bad.

I've never clocked 2 hours for a very long time and when i had to set myself upon this task as instructed by my coach, i just knew it's gonna be a tough nut to crack. An uphill task. It was an experience, indeed. Just after quite some time i looked at the watch and it said 37 mins. Oh my God, i thought. Only 37 mins? Okay.

At 1 hour i was at the end of East Coast where it meets the park connector. So I u- turned and trudged back home. Thump. And thump. Thump. And thump. Foot after foot. Breath after breath. Thought after thought. People after people. Skater after skater. Cycle after cycle. Bedok Jetty came and went. I counted down my distance. I felt like stopping. But i never did. Never ever, for the record. For the record, don't shame yourself, I thought. I've always been a firm believer of completing workouts. I thought about Nate Brannen and Alan Webb and Kevin Sullivan. I wanna be a sportsman like them.

Last Saturday was the cross country nationals. It was okay. But a lot of work needs to be done, i've seen. I've been beaten by the same people, same suspects, same names. I will have to get them soon.

No comments: