Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Anan called to say hello

Joe called me to give a surprising piece of update. Anan squashed the field on Sunday to win in 4 mins 13 seconds. I went like, "Wow." Honestly i felt green too. Things are just gonna get harder, I thought. Anan is a close rival. Almost like arch- rival. I've always wanted to beat him in 5000 metres. But now, very obviously, he is getting stronger. Bigger. Faster. He's totally revolutionised. He's just outran Marcus. 2.01 mins for 800m. Pretty mindblowing. And now he has just killed Feroz. I just don't know what he did, but he sure rocketted up there in the sky. All I can do is be amazed.

Well, Anan's victory means a lot also. It means shaving off 15 seconds in the 1500m within a season is possible. Or at least a difference of 15 seconds in between two consecutive 1500 metres is possible. And that gives us a reason to just go out there and fight till we can shave off 15 seconds. I have this thinking about what happens when you see your rivals performing well and intending to leave you. It is that when they are getting better, the chance for you to get better gets bigger. You will get better if you catch them.

I know sometimes the road is tough. But patience and determination can lead to greater things.

No comments: