Thursday, March 15, 2007

Pre- race analysis

This Sunday is important. It's my first 5000m race of the season. It'll be inspiring if I can better my personal best. If I can't better it, it only means I have to keep working harder. I feel that performance is not reliant only on training. Lifestyle too has an impact on performance. How much sleep taken and the daily diet are lifestyle factors.

I just love the team. The camaraderie is great. Teamwork is strong. We take on the Speedwork together. The team never loses inspiration and motivation. And Zhi Yong is a wonderful mentor to the young aspiring lads. I take note of every tip he tells us. He is always ranked among the top five nationwide. We are indeed fortunate to have him in the team.

It's only a few days to the race and I think i'm ready for it. I will know about my form this Sunday.

No comments: