Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Near- death experience on 10 March 2007

I just can't believe it. It's a twist. Just one quick thinking lead me to what I am today- alive! And what made me think of that way? I do not know. It's a mystery.

I was on the thin line between life and death. It was very thin.

I struggled to keep afloat.

The waves were overwhelming and the current was very strong.

I was choking and gasping for air. I panicked.

I felt trapped. I tried very hard to keep myself afloat by pushing myself above the surface with my limbs. That sapped my energy and only God knows how I'm gonna swim back to the shore about 200 metres away.

Then in an instant I tried something else. Try swim breaststroke to the near rock. That way i'll still get to breathe and move near the rock at the same time.

It's a miracle. A twist. One moment my chances of survival was close to zero and next I was clinging to the rock in deep relief.

It made me realize how fragile life is. It made me realize the limitations of man. In one way or another, everyone has to go one day. And it happened I was not to go that day. Though it was very close.

It could have been a freak accident death. But that did not happen.

I am still trying to come to terms with this. No i'm not deeply traumatized. But it's something I can't stop thinking about. It's not an everyday thing. I've come close to death a number of times. To date, it's the third time. I need to learn something from these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alhamdulillah, you're alive =)