Thursday, December 18, 2008

Reality & movies

I love stories which are real. Or at least virtually realistic. Close to reality. Very close. If we are an audience and we hear a good story, a story which is real or almost real, we can easily relate to it and say, "Gosh this can happen man. It is possible." Then we can go like, "Wow." "Yeah tt's something serious to consider man." The impact is there.

That's why I hate The Day The Earth Stood Still. Once the part when the alien landed came, I knew I'm not gonna enjoy the movie. I'm not some 8-year-old kid fascinated by aliens. Even if they wanna talk about aliens, it should be shown in a realistic way. Maybe I dun buy the alien idea anymore. The last time extra- terrestial matters really mattered to me was Sightings which was in 1995? God that's like been a decade.

Body Of Lies is good. It's realistic. Terrorism and unexpected explosions here and there. The thing that it is unexpected sounds scary. The fact that it is real really scares. Now that is a good movie.

No comments: