Sunday, July 8, 2007

In pursuit of happiness

Firstly, I must thank God. Whatever happened is in His will. I broke the 18- minute barrier. Yes, I worked for it. I trained for it. Speedwork. It was very consistent. I was mentally prepared also. I knew why I choose to run. I knew well. I knew what I wanted. Alhamdulillah. It paid off.

There is a miracle in this. I can train so hard but it could go the other way. A year ago, I trained hard. But the results didn't come well. And I was training with Kilian. Kilian can run 5000m in about 16 minutes. That's how good he is. Now, I still train hard. I enjoyed it. It's part of my life. 18: 22 is history. This year would be memorable. My training has produced results. My thinking has changed. 12 and a half laps has taken a new definition to me personally.

I am blessed. That is making me so happy.

No comments: